Friday, February 18, 2011

West Palm Beach



We spent two really nice nights anchored at Peck Lake. We beached the dinghy on the shore, walked through a small path to the other side of a strip of land and then VOILA!!! We were on the beach and Wilbur became a real salty dog.


Before heading to the beach however, we decided to replace the Eye splice on our anchor.

Wilbur gets his first splicing lesson.









Can you tell he had fun? I spent most of my time trying to keep my shoulder in its socket and avoiding very pretty but nasty Men-O-War. They were everywhere.






















Zoomies!!





















You can't really see it but his nose is covered in sand. Wilbur's not Hans'.
























































I'm a huge copy cat (no pun intended) and a lot of cruisers write the names or initials of their boats in the sand.

I did my best but I honestly couldn't remember what our logo looks like! I'll do better next time.











A full moon at Peck Lake.
















In order to avoid seven bridges (yes, seven!!) we decided to head outside. We left St. Lucies inlet and came in at Fort Worth. Winds were fore casted to be 8-12 E/NE with 3-5 foot waves.

They got the wave part right but we ended up with E/SE winds and while that's not a big deal we ended up rolling all day. Imagine being on your most hated amusement park ride for over six hours, and yes I tossed my cookies!



Stay tuned for our next post where we get interviewed by Newly Salted.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you all are having a great day! I'm so jealous....except for the Man-O-War part. I really hate those jellyfish....got stung by one once and once was definitely enough!

    Were there many other people on the beach? Didn't look to be... which would be fantastic - especially for Wilbur. Hope he got to run and play a lot!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndi, if I ever got stung by a jellyfish I think my screams would be heard around the world!
    The great thing about this beach is that it's very secluded and the only way to get there is by boat. My idea of heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing a dog enjoying the beach! They're like little kids. The full moon picture is great, as well as your "cat" drawing. I think it's really cute, and original. BTW, I read your interview with Newly Salted ... nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wilbur really is like a little kid and he absolutely wore himself out.

    ReplyDelete