Tuesday, January 8, 2013

From Live-aboard to Motel Dweller

Oh My God!!!! I want to go home!

I mentioned in a previous post that while the Knotty Cat is on the hard in order to get her bottom cleaned and painted; Hans, Wilbur, and I get to luxuriate (read sarcasm) at a motel.

And I gotta say, I don't know how people do it.

The fun started around midnight last night when I was awakened by slamming doors and yelling people. Why, oh why, do people wait until the dead of night to start fighting? Luckily this was a very short lived event and then everything was quiet.

Then while I was at the dog park this afternoon I found out that a body had been found at our particular motel the day before. I guess this explains why the police were here all day and a homicide detective left a calling card in our door.

So tonight while eating our dinner of pizza (I love pizza but I'm already longing for a home cooked meal) the yelling and door slamming started again. This time it was right across the court yard from us and as I peeked through our curtain (I'm destined to be Gladys Kravitz wherever I live) I recognized a man I'd seen earlier on my way to the ice machine and even then I could just feel the anger coming off of him. He was now storming up and down the walkway and screaming into his phone. Hans made me get back from the window and we could hear many doors slamming, and more than one voice yelling. I looked out again and Angry Man (skinny and wearing no shirt) was still pacing and I could see the glowing screen of his cell phone clutched in his hand. When he started shouting again to someone about his having three thousand dollars in the bank by Friday so leave him the 'F' alone we called the front desk. We were informed that Angry Man had just been told to shut up right now or he was going to get kicked out.

Things finally quieted down.

I have to wonder why anyone would feel the need to leave the privacy of their room in order to have a loudly nasty conversation on their cell phone.

What's sad is the fact that this really is a nice motel. It's clean, well maintained, and the staff is very friendly.

I have my own opinion about why this kind of crap happens these days but I don't intend to turn this post into a political debate so I'll stop right now.

Wilbur wants to go home too!

4 comments:

  1. Poor baby : ( He looks like my dog, Eddie, when we stay away in a hotel. Always waiting at the door saying, Let's go! People are crazy and I hope you get home soon. We are always fortunate to be able to stay aboard when our boat is on the hard.

    take care,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stayed aboard one time when we were on the hard. Unfortunately it was bitter cold (although we had a small space heater) and getting Wilbur on and off the boat was awful! We had to use the main halyard and winch and he hated it. Imagine fighting with 50 pounds of pure muscle a few times a day! I also couldn't run any water in our sinks as they drained directly over the work area under the boat where the men were working. Whine Whine Whine!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I bet you'll be happy to be back in your quiet slip in the marina.

    ReplyDelete