Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Reality

It was a month or so ago that Hans declared, "This is it, we're going sailing!"
So why the hell aren't we ready?

Well first of all we had a family wedding to attend in Germany that literally took two weeks out of our life, and I had to hem the evening gown I'd made a couple of months ago (why not just wait until the last minute?).  It was a bias cut skirt (that means difficult!!) and it took up a whole day.
Then I thought maybe I should use up some of the silk I bought in Paris a couple of years ago and made yet another dress. For the record: silk is fabulous but it's an absolute bitch to work with, and oops, there went another day.

We are now down to our final week ashore and today I found myself at the Vet Clinic with an overly affectionate pit bull puppy and a screaming cat.  Both needed final inoculations for our trip, the pit bull is suffering from diarrhea (most likely stress from having spent two weeks with my daughter and her menagerie of pets), and the cat needed a Kitty Cat Prozac prescription for travel!
Tomorrow I have a hair appointment, and Thursday an optometrist appointment as I realized yesterday that I used my last set of contacts last week.

We had news today that our boat has blisters on it's bottom and all I could think of was diaper rash.  Only this is turning out to be very expensive diaper rash.

The main sail hasn't even been touched and we dropped it off for repair over a month ago.

Our radar repair has been held up because our electrician couldn't get to our boat as he was held over in Ireland during the volcanic mess over Iceland. 

On the lighter side: 
Hans and I at the wedding. Check out Hans in a tux!!

No comments:

Post a Comment